Getting started with PayPal Zettle POS for WooCommerce
Table of Contents
What is the PayPal Zettle POS for WooCommerce?
PayPal Zettle by PayPal (formerly iZettle) is a one-stop shop for cutting-edge commerce tools — offering everything you need to take quick payments, ease day-to-day management, and get the funding to grow.
The PayPal Zettle point-of-sale system allows you to take cash, card, contactless payments and more. Connect WooCommerce with PayPal Zettle to keep products and inventory in sync – all in one place. Keep your products up-to-date by managing them solely in WooCommerce, so you can focus on selling. Make a sale on either platform and your inventory will update instantly.
The PayPal Zettle POS for WooCommerce provides the following benefits:
- Connect in minutes – Connect your accounts, sync your library to PayPal Zettle and start selling.
- Export a collection or all of your products from WooCommerce to your PayPal Zettle product library.
- Manage products in one place and automatically synchronize all changes you make from WooCommerce to PayPal Zettle.
- Automatically synchronize stock amounts in real-time between WooCommerce and PayPal Zettle.
- Explicitly select products to be excluded from synchronize to PayPal Zettle.
Requirements for using the PayPal Zettle POS for WooCommerce?
To install and use the PayPal Zettle POS for WooCommerce you will need:
- An installed version of WordPress >= 5.4
- An installed and activated version of WooCommerce >= 4.3
- PHP version >= 7.2
Installing PayPal Zettle POS for WooCommerce
This is the easiest way to install the PayPal Zettle POS for WooCommerce.
- Log into your WordPress installation.
- Go to the menu item Plugins → Add new
- Search for PayPal Zettle POS for WooCommerce. In case several plugins are listed, check if Inpsyde is the plugin author.
- Click on Install now and wait until WordPress says the plugin was installed successfully
- You can activate the plugin immediately with clicking on Activate now on the success page. If you want to activate it later, you can do so via Plugins → Installed Plugins
In case the automatic installation doesn’t work, download the plugin from here.
Unpack the archive and load the folder via FTP into the directory `wp-content\plugins` of your WordPress installation.
Go to Plugins → Installed plugins and click Activate on PayPal Zettle POS for WooCommerce.
Access and configure the PayPal Zettle POS for WooCommerce
- After you have activated the PayPal Zettle POS for WooCommerce plugin, go to WooCommerce → Settings.
- Select the PayPal Zettle POS tab.
- If you don’t have a PayPal Zettle merchant account yet, choose Create account now and follow the steps to create a new PayPal Zettle account.
- On the PayPal Zettle POS tab choose Connect – this will open a page in PayPal Zettle asking you to confirm permissions for the plugin to access your PayPal Zettle account data.
- Confirm the permissions request by clicking on Create API key.
- Copy the generated API Key and return to the PayPal Zettle POS tab in WooCommerce.
- Paste the copied API key into the API key input field and click Next.
- Click on Authenticate with PayPal Zettle.
- Click Next.
- Choose an option and click on Start sync.
- Once the initial synchronization is complete click on Complete Setup.